A. “CE” means Cleaning Express Services Limited (registered in England and Wales, Registration Number 09612809) trading as Cleaning Express;
B. “Cleaner” means the natural or legal person carrying out cleaning services on behalf of CE;
C. “Client” means the person, firm or corporate body together with any subsidiary or associated company as defined by the Companies Act 2006 to whom the cleaning services are supplied by CE;
D. “Service” means the ordinary Service that CE and the Client contracted for. That can be regular domestic cleaning, a one-off deep cleaning, a one-off end of tenancy cleaning or after builders cleaning;
E. “Notice” means any written notice sent to and by CE whether by email, text message or post to notify of changes in the contract or to raise a complaint.
2. CE AND THE CLIENT
A. CE strives to match the requested needs of the Clients when introducing a Cleaner for day, time and type of work that is required;
B. CE will introduce within a one week period a new Cleaner as a replacement if the originally introduced Cleaner is not available due to illness or any other reason. All efforts will be made to ensure an immediate replacement is arranged;
C. Should the Client not be satisfied with the service, CE will introduce a new Cleaner where a minimum one-week notice is served by the Client. CE commits to provide replacement as soon as possible after the notice is received and a mutual understanding of the required quality and time is achieved;
D. CE will liaise with both the Cleaner and the Client to ensure that quality of work is maintained and time preferences (including cancellations) coordinated; there is no limit to the number of times a Client can contact CE and ask for advice or assistance;
E. The Client agrees that the price they have been quoted does not include anything apart from cleaning labour as detailed before signing up for CE’s services. Should the Client require any further services a discussion with CE is necessary and if additional services or cleaning materials are agreed upon, a new quote will be provided;
F. Estimates of time for completing a job are based on average time it takes to clean a property of similar size to that of the Client’s, and flexibility in relation to time is required on the Client's part. It must be noted that one-off cleans may take longer to complete due to longer intervals between cleaning sessions, number and type of cleaning tasks required, when compared to the regular maintenance cleaning of the same property.
G. CE does offer the following types of one-off cleaning services: deep clean, end of tenancy and after-builders clean. The conditions of conducting these services will depend on the selected type and payment and cancellation will take place according to the quote provided and the provisions of these Terms and Conditions as listed below.
H. Minimum booking hours for a regular service is 2 hours, for deep-cleaning session is 4 hours and for end-of-tenancy or after-builders cleaning is 5 hours.
3. THE CLEANER AND THE CLIENT
A. Each Cleaner carries out the requested work for the Client during the agreed day and time;
B. Each Cleaner is to be paid by the Client according to a mutual agreement between CE and The Cleaner will discontinue Service if payment is not made on time;
C. The contracted Client agrees to pay the full price of the cleaning visit, if:
1. The Client cancels or changes the date or time less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment;
2. The Client fails to provide access to the Service premises preventing CE to carry out the booked work;
3. There is a problem with the Client’s keys and the Cleaners cannot let themselves in. If keys are provided they must open all locks without any special efforts or skills.
D. Cleaners may not empty rubbish bins unless requested to do so due to confidentiality and will not throw away any items left around, under, on top or besides the designated bins;
E. The Cleaners are not allowed to hand-wash any items of clothing belonging to the Client. CE advises that our Cleaners can only use a washing machine for such tasks;
F. The Cleaner will not lift any heavy furniture or work at height more than a regular domestic step-ladder with no more than three steps;
G. All fragile and highly breakable items must be secured or removed;
H. For end-of-tenancy cleans the property must be cleared of personal belongings. Any pets must be taken away and shall not be present at the property after the completion of the service. No heavy items of rubbish must be left at the premises. For after-builders cleans, the works must be finished at least 24 hours before the commencement of the cleaning session and there shall not be any workers still conducting building and repairs.
I. Return of keys after cancellation and settlement of account will be done by either the Cleaner during the last cleaning session, recorded delivery (free of charge and after Clients’ authorisation) or guaranteed delivery (payable by the Client).
4. THE CLEANER AND CE
A. Each Cleaner is self-employed and flexible with their assignments. As self-employed, the Cleaner is responsible to pay any applicable taxes and relevant social contributions;
B. CE registers each Cleaner before introducing the Cleaner to the Client;
C. All Cleaners are fully vetted and trained by CE. Prior to starting work each Cleaner provides relevant documents including but not limited to passport, legal status confirmation and proof of address;
D. CE acts as an intermediary and as such it does not employ the Cleaners;
E. CE provides operational and technical assistance to each Cleaner;
F. CE has an agreement with each Cleaner it introduces that the latter will discontinue Service for the Client if CE does not receive its fee.
5. CE FEES, REFUNDS AND CANCELATION
A. CE receives its fee from the Client as a weekly or monthly payment;
B. Client can cancel the Service by giving CE one month’s notice in writing or one - week in the first month of service. During the first month the agency fee is not refundable.
C. CE reserves the right to amend and increase prices and fees to reflect market conditions and appropriate notice will be served to the Client in due time;
D. Refund, if any is due, will be issued only if the Client has cancelled a cleaning visit within the allowed time (24 hours) prior to the start of the cleaning session and a payment has already been taken by CE;
E. Due to CE’s Guaranteed Satisfaction scheme, no refund claims will be entertained once the cleaning Service has been carried out. Cleaner’s wage must be paid by the Client regardless of their type of payment (either full payment or split payment), however a replacement will be arranged and the job redone up to the Client’s requirements;
F. Regular Cleaning Services:
1. For regular cleaning CE will provide a full proportionate agency fee refund for missed sessions if the cleaner could not attend the session due to any personal circumstances and the client did not agree to a replacement offered to them by CE. No refunds will be made to cover sessions during the notice period and no refund requests for the agency fees will be entertained during the first month of service.
2. No refund will be made if missed sessions are due to the client being on a holiday or away for whatever personal reason, as CE strives to provide consistent service and regular service can be maintained during the Client’s time away or after this period is finished. This is subject to explicit Client’s request.
3. For customers making full payment to us (agency fee + cleaner’s wage via Direct Debit) any refunds for missed sessions will be issued upon Client’s explicit request.
4. All refunds must be claimed within 3 month-period after the due date of the pre-arranged cleaning session.
G. One-Off Cleaning Services:
1. Refunds for any one-off cleaning sessions will not be granted, however a free re-cleaning session will be arranged to satisfy the Client’s requirements in accordance with clause 5.G (4) below. The appropriate claims must be made within a 72-hour period after the completion of the service.
2. Satisfaction Guarantee for end-of-tenancy and after-builders cleaning sessions will not be applied if the client continues to live in the property after the session has been completed or any building work is being carried out after the completion of the Service and for a 72-hour period after that.
3. For one-off cleaning sessions refund will be issued if a Cleaner does not attend a cleaning visit, payment for which has been already collected by CE;
4. Should the Client have any complaints or comments as to the quality of the one-off cleaning service, CE strives to offer a re-clean session of the areas which need particular attention and deliver an excellent service to the Client. However, a re-cleaning session is conducted on the expense of CE and shall never be more than 50% of the length of the original one-off cleaning.
5. There is a £20.00 late cancellation/lock-out fee for canceling or rescheduling a visit with less than 24 hour notice for one-off Clients. The same fee applies if the Cleaners are unable to gain access to the Client’s home, through no fault of CE or the Cleaner;
H. Generally, CE’s Cleaners are not allowed to circumvent CE and work with the Client directly. However, under explicit mutual consent a Cleaner can be directly employed by the Client. Under such circumstances, the Client is liable for an employment referral fee of £750.00 per person should they directly employ, either legally or on a cash basis, anyone currently employed or subcontracted by CE, or anyone employed or subcontracted by CE within the 1 year period prior to such employment. The Client agrees to pay this fee whether he notifies CE of his action or CE discovers this employment independently at any time after it occurs. The Client further agrees to reimburse CE for any and all collection or legal expenses CE incurs in collecting this fee;
I. CE has a comprehensive insurance policy in place covering damage to Client’s property, theft and Cleaners personal injury. CE’s public and product liability is £2m. All claims are subject to an excess of £250 payable by the Client. In case of an incident, Clients are advised to notify CE within 48 hours of incident so that CE is able to assist in resolving reported problems.
A. CE’s fee can be paid by weekly standing order/direct debit, monthly standing order/direct debit, other payments to be specified upon mutual agreement between the Client and CE;
B. Should payment not be received as per these Terms, no further cleaning services will be provided until the outstanding invoice has been settled;
C. If CE is forced to refer the Client’s account for collection to a third party then extra costs may be added to the outstanding amount by the debt collecting company.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
A. Nothing excludes or limits CE’s liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any matter which it would be illegal for CE to exclude or attempt to exclude its liability, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or due to a breach of the terms implied by Part II of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.
B. Subject to this, our total liability howsoever arising in connection with these Terms, the provision of the cleaning services or the agreement between Client and CE shall be limited to £2,000,000 and CE shall not be liable for any losses or claims for compensation which do not arise as a direct result of the provision of the cleaning services by CE to the Client. Corrections on the above terms and conditions can be made with the mutual agreement of CE and the Client; these can be sent to CE via email or post;
C. CE shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss,expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation (whether direct, indirect or consequential) which may be suffered or incurred by the Client arising from or in any way connected with a late arrival of CE Cleaners at the Service address. Cleaners endeavour to be right on time on any visit but sometimes due to transport related and other problems which are beyond the CE’s control, Cleaner may arrive with a delay or the cleaning visit may be rescheduled;
D. CE shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss,expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation, whether direct, indirect or consequential, which may be suffered or incurred by the Client arising from or in any way connected with:
1. A cleaning job not complete due to the lack of suitable equipment, lack of hot water or electricity, or equipment not in full working order;
2. Third party entering or present at the Client’s premises during the cleaning process;
3. An existing damage to Client’s property in the form of old stains/burns/spillages etc. which cannot be cleaned/removed completely by the Cleaner using the Client’s cleaning equipment and materials;
4. Any damages caused by faulty or not in full working order equipment or materials supplied by the Client;
5. Any damages worth £250.00 or less;
E. CE shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss,expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation, whether direct, indirect or consequential, which may be suffered or incurred by the Client arising from or in any way connected with CE carrying out services for the Client if the Client has an outstanding amount aged 30 days or more from the date the payment was due.
CE reserves the right to make any changes to any part of these Terms and Conditions without giving any prior notice. Whilst CE shall undertake reasonable endeavour to notify the Client the Client agrees to make themselves acquainted with any updates or changes in the text of these Terms.
9. THE LAW
This agreement shall be subject to the Laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.